Working With Insurance Claims
What should you do if you suspect you have damage to your roof?
Follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Choose a Professional Roofing Contractor
- Call Known Name Roofing & Construction to setup a free 10 Point Roof & Exterior Inspection. We identify and document all the damage to your structure. Once we are finished with the inspection, we will advise you on whether or not you should file a claim with your insurance company.
- Step 2: File a Claim
- Contact your insurance company and let them know you would like to file a claim. Inform them that your property has sustained damage and that you had the property professionally inspected and give them our name. They should now give you a claim number.
- Step 3: Meet with Insurance Adjuster
- An Insurance Adjuster will contact you to setup a time when they can come and and review the damage to your property. Let them know that you would like to have Known Name Roofing & Construction at the meeting. Call us let us know when to be there.
- Step 4: Insurance Summary
- Your insurance company will send you a Loss Summary Report that has a list of the damages and the amounts associated with the damages. Contact Known Name Roofing & Construction to review the Loss Summary Report for accuracy.
- Step 5: Installation and/or Repair
- Remove and properly dispose of all old shingles.
- Replace/Repair bad roof decking if necessary.
- Apply underlayment that is required by building codes and shingle manufacturers.
- Install the shingles.
- Apply flashing around chimney, stack vents and other roof protrusions to defect water.
- Clean up area around structure and properly dispose of any nails and roofing materials
- Step 6: Insurance Claim Completion
- Once Known Name Roofing & Construction has completed the roofing project, we will send a final invoice along with any adjustments to the insurance company. This will release any funds held.